Sunday, April 15, 2012

"Core training"

He answered: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'" Luke 10:27

Core training holds the fascination of the fitness and wellness world. To me, it makes perfect sense and the other aspects of life could also stand some core strengthening. Jesus tells us to love with all of our strength, heart, soul and mind. Jesus defines the areas of humanity here and these are the aspects of my life I am getting zealous about improving.

Strength We have all been temples (bodies) that we use to work, play and WORSHIP. I am among those who have neglected the, shall we say, maintenance of the temple. Strength, to me, equates as fitness and I must use my knowledge to make some changes.

Mind. Oh, my I struggle with this one. How can I be diligent and zealous about praising God when all I say is negative stuff (mostly about myself?) My mind is polluted with doubt, fear, sadness, bitterness and about every other vile and nasty trait imaginable.

Soul My soul belongs to God through the actions of Jesus, my Savior. I need to act like I am eternally grateful and explore more of what Jesus means by "soul" in praise.

Heart. Wow, this means all the great things that Paul mentions in Galatians. I know, they are called "fruit of the spirit", but if I have them in my heart, then my mouth will follow and I will be living a life closer to the ideal of Jesus. Oh, "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control"--Galatians 5:22-23

Now, I am embarking on a journey. Tonight, I will continue my prayers and start mapping out the details. Tomorrow is Monday and I know a 4:30 AM wake up call to exercise is in the cards. The rest will follow and all I know is that God does have plans for me because he has not made any junk.

No comments:

Post a Comment