Saturday, March 23, 2013

A rare Saturday off..

0500... I woke up really sore from a workout suggested my sadistic older son JL..I thought I would sneak to the condo's gym just a few doors down. I went Ninja past Mathias' door and headed down, only to realize I had forgotten my phone. As I snuck back into the condo, Mathias greeted me. No workout, but great Mathias time. We played some Playmobil until it was time to wake up the girls to go "yard sale shopping"

We had a huge thunderstorm that slowed us down and we finally made it out of the house.  No real treasures for anyone, except Mathias who charmed his way in a bunch of books for $2.  We ended up hitting a Goodwill Store, catching a nice lunch and finishing window shopping at Old Navy.

What was special enough to blog about today? Simplicity..simple things with my posse made a great day. There was a lot of conversation, lots of laughs ( especially when the kids caused an avalanche of kid books at Goodwill), walking and handholding. I am really into Big Cat Diary, so today was a good day for the Hipes Pride.

For those who do read this, there will be an expansion of the blog life starting tomorrow. I am going to explore Freedom...details tomorrow.

Enjoy the simple things in life. Life is made of more simple moments that we can make magical than supposed "magical moments".. Enjoy life. It is a choice.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a most wonderful day!!

    I have found (or, rather, suddenly recently rediscovered) that many times on our journey through this crazy, hurry up, do it all, pressure cooker world that looms ever large...we all can sometimes get a bit lost and forget the absolute beauty and joyful well being that can be experienced through being present and fully engaged in the seemingly simple things life offers us everyday.

    Those things are truly the best things and are what can bring us true peace of mind, I think.

    Thank you once again for sharing a bit of your journey to help us within our own!

    ReplyDelete